Saturday, May 5, 2007

Reverse Oedipal Syndrome? Or Just Innocent?


For the last few weeks Meika keeps asking me if I will marry her. She wants to get married "like cinderella does". At first I thought it was kind of cute, but then when she kept asking, I started to get weirded out by it. So we started telling her her that I was already married to mom. This morning when she asked me, I told her sure, I'd marry both her and mom.



Then we found out what she meant when she asked to get married. She meant to dance. Because several weeks ago I got on my knees and danced with her and sang the song that Cinderella and the prince sing when they dance in the movie. Then Cinderella marries him. So when I told her I'd marry her and mom both, she started saying "ok we'll marry in a circle like this". So, the weirdness is over now. She just wants to dance. - Seth

No comments: