Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How's Work at the Firm?




I'm putting down the paintbrush forever . . . hopefully. I got a paid internship at Deluca & Associates, a bankruptcy law firm. Now I get to wear a shirt and tie to work. I hate wearing a shirt and tie to church, but I suddenly enjoy it now that I have to wear it for work. I feel like a real professional.
I really like the work because he's training me to do real substantive work, not just busy work as law clerks usually do. He's been training me to fill out the schedules and forms for bankruptcy filings. I like being able to be inside a law firm and see how things work from a practical standpoint.
Wondering about the title of this post? I listen to a radio host who insults callers when they call up with stupid comments by asking "how's work at the firm?" Implying, of course, that they are too dumb to really work at a firm and are probably some blue-collar painter or something, without the brains to really work at a law firm. So now if anyone ever says that to me I can just say "fine".

1 comment:

The Jones Fam said...

Congratulations! That's great! Wow, you and Jared both are now suit and tie kind of guys, weird. We hope everything goes well, good luck with the new internship!