A few weeks before the marathon Seth started having a little knee problem, but he thought for maybe the first half his knee wouldn't bug him but... after the SECOND mile his knee started hurting really bad so he had to walk, then around mile 12 or 13 he could barely walk. Another runner had him tie a garbage sack around his knee and said it was probably his I.T. band rubbing, so he did that and it helped a little bit. He had to keep stopping to tighten the garbage sack and eventually stopped and had someone tape it. So he ended up limping most of the marathon and finished it in 7hrs 17 min. So sad! I felt so bad for him that he trained all year and then wasn't able to really run it. We are so proud of him and all of the other members of the family who participated in the marathon!
We had Jayma while her parents ran the marathon.

For while all three girls Meika, Sienna & Jayma all sat in the stroller trying to keep warm.
( we were not prepared for such cold weather!)
( we were not prepared for such cold weather!)

Here is Seth limping in...



16 comments:
I'm amazed that he still finished! I'm sure he was disappointed it didn't go as planned but pleased that he made it! hooray for seth...and his wonder family who waited! 7 hrs is a long time.:)
Seth's first marathon was a lot like mine. TOOK FOREVER! He should've asked someone to give him a piggy back instead of walking.
Good job finishing Seth! I probably would have just have given up! I didn't end up going to the finish line. Since it was so rainy and cold, the kids and I stayed at the condo.
Seth, I am sorry you had problems with your knee. The hardest thing for me was trying to train and run with a injury. I am glad you finished, there will be other marathons.
Way to go! That is awesome that Seth finished. Maybe one day I'll run one.
I am so glad you have pictures of seth! I think he did an amazing job!
Did the back of their shirts say 30th St.George marathon? Because if it did then I totally saw them and was near at least someone in the fam for a lot of the race.
Yeah, you have to admit, most people with that type of injury would have gotten a ride down considering the weather conditions. That is cool that Seth stuck it out the whole way!
oh, and by the way, thanks again for watching Jayma for us while we ran!
GOOD JOB SETH!!
that's amazing. and cairen you go girl in your half marathon. that inspires me! maybe i'll do that too.
you're a racing family!
Poor Seth! At least he still finished, and you still waited. What an awesome family. We love the Ballstaedts!
That is so cool that he finished! I think marathons have to be the hardest event to do, so way to go, no matter how you got it done! And, Cairen, we missed you at the park! Someone thought maybe you guys had gone to Disneyland! But Makenna would love to have Meika there for sure! She was the only little girl that day, but still had fun. We'll see you next time!
It was so fun to see you guys! Also, I love the pic of seth after he finished, he must have been in so much pain, but you never would know with his big smile. Hope to see you soon!
That is AMAZING that he stuck with it and finished. That would be pretty hard though after training for so long. What a great wife and kiddos to wait it out too. The girls look like they did a great job. It was probably so fun to have the family together too.
So, I got the binky clips in the mails today!!!!! Thanks SO much! I LOVE them!
Oh that is too bad but so awesome of him to still finish! Anyone who can walk/run/limp/bike a marathon is amazing!
it was so good to see you and i'm go glad that you said something!
yes...miserable conditions but i am so glad that i did it!!!
take care and come over to my blog anytime :)
Post a Comment